This is a collection of various links, organised broadly along themes. The themes are:
This list is of course far from complete, and we welcome any feedback on new and interesting websites to add to this collection!
These pages provide information on the situation of Rroma, issues, and quite a few RSS links to which on can subscribe.
News and issues on the situation of Rroma in Europe.
The latest on the situation of Rroma in Kosovo and the issues faced by refugees from that region.
A web portal on Rroma issues. Lots of interesting and reliable information.
The news part of the Romnews network. News poted by the various NGOs of the network. News can be of varying qualities.
A more legally oriented news source. From the European Roma Right Centre in Budapest, part of the Soros Foundation Network.
Dossier on the current Rroma situation, with several articles and pictures.
Site devoted to the situation of Rroma in the Czech Republic. Actual news, background info, etc. In several languages.
These link are links to pages devoted to research on Rroma. Some are very scholarly, but contain lots of really good information and lots of other links to follo on.
One of the oldest and most serious organisation devoted to research on Rroma. Located in Bulgaria, their website offers several useful links and information.
One of the most serious research and information sources. This journal is published in Czech and Rromanes.
A scholarly site, with an online Rromanes database. Quite interesting to linguists.
A less scholarly page, with some interesting views and information on Rromanes.
Long at the forefront of research, the Gypsy Lore society has published hundreds of research papers on Rroma studies.
A French site on Rroma studies.
This page links to various organisations, NGOs, local activists, or simply home-pages.
An Austrian Rroma organisation, with an excellent monthly newsletter in German and Rromanes.
A Czech website (English translation is there!) with really useful information on Rroma, culture, etc.
A Slovak page, in English. This page is centred on the city of Jarovnice, where a teacher is helpping Rroma children in that city. The children paint and have done several exhibitions in various places.
A Russian site, with a lot of information on Russian (Xaladytka) Roma. No translation available.
A wealth of information on Kalderaša in Russia. Pictures, information, news, etc. A must.
Information and more on Rroma in Lithuania, in the Kaunas region.
One of the first journals in Rromanes in Poland, copies can be downloaded here.
Austrian Rroma association in Oberwart.
The oldest German Sinti and Roma association. Informations, some documentation. In German/English.
The web portal of the Roma National Congress (Rroma NGO in Hamburg). Lots of links, excellent news.
Not to be mistaken with the International Romani Union! In Spanish and Rromanes, useful information about Rroma in Spain.
A Hungarian NGO, the web page is in Hungarian...
A portal on Rroma in Hungary. Mostly in Hungarian, with some bits and pieces in Rromanes and in other languages.
In Rromanes and German, some information on Rroma, culture, events, and television. The page is not friendly with all browsers!
A NGO, part of the Soros Foundation network, whose aim is to further Rroma education. Grants applications are possible.
A NGO promoting Rroma films.
A Romanian NGO, with a wealth of activities. In Romanian, German, and English.
A Rroma writer's association.
A private web page. Quite a few useful links, some good information.
One of the oldest pages on Rroma. Lots of information. Based in France, but in English.
- Rroma Origins
- Pre European History
- Byzantine History
- Migrations in Europe
- Migration Map
- Present Days
- Religion and Beliefs
- Ritual Cleanness
- Family Traditions
- The Kris
- Power of the Word
- Rroma Trades
- Musical Styles per Country
- Balkan Rroma Music
- Carpathian Rroma Music
- Nordic Rroma Music
- Vlax Rroma Music
- Roma in Sweden: A nation questions itself
- Teeside's new Roma
- Europe needs a Roma working class
- Europe ponders a centuries-old dilemma: can the Gypsies ever fit in?
- Mystery girl Maria's sister 'wants her home'
- Mystery girl Maria's parents found in Bulgaria
- Roma Writer: Actually, Stealing Children Isn’t Our Favorite Pastime
- Blonde Girl Taken From Roma Gypsy Family And Put Into Care In Dublin, Ireland
- Roma gypsy couple accused of kidnapping blond-haired, blue-eyed girl
- France's Interior Minister calls for Roma gypsies 'to return' to Romania or Bulgaria because they can't integrate
- Facing long road, Spain’s Roma make strides
- Swedish Roma List Puts Police Under Fire
- France's Hollande Reprimands Ministers For Anti-Roma Rhetoric As Leadership, Coalition Called Into Question
- An Episode in the Life of an Iron Picker
- Czech anti-Roma protests end in arrests
- Romania's King of the Gypsies is laid to rest Romania's King of the Gypsies is laid to rest
- French rights groups file complaint against "Adopt a Gypsy" Facebook page
- Hungarian gang jailed for racist Roma killings
- Amnesty to screen film on Roma Gypsies
- Roma in Northern Hungary Have Their Water Supply Cut Off
- Roma Gypsies targeted in Marble Arch dawn raid
- Jean-Marie Le Pen Sued for Calling Roma Gypsies 'Smelly'
- Romanian Gypsies Driven From London's West End In Dawn Raid
- Romanian beggars get free flight home
- Op-Ed: Supporting Europe's Roma is Good for Business
- For Roma, a Steppingstone to Graduate School
- French police clear gypsy camp
- How to provoke race hatred: On the Roma, Sun TV and the responsibility of broadcasters
- Romania's Schengen accession, Roma Gypsies, the key subjects tackled by Romanian and French officials
- French police clear gypsy camp in new crackdown against illegal immigrants
- 5 Big Fat Myths about Gypsies, Travellers and Roma
- The stereotypes used against Eastern Europe are as old as they are wrong
- Roma mayor gets townspeople working again
- Lyon Roma squat fire kills 3
- Hungarian newspaper fined for Orban ally's Roma slur
- In Its Efforts to Integrate Roma, Slovakia Recalls U.S. Struggles
- Hungary's rawest nerve: Learning to love the Roma
- Survey says media discriminates in coverage of Roma minority
- WJC to Hungarian PM: 'Actions louder than words'
- Gypsy criminal gangs from eastern Europe overrun Paris tourist attractions
- Roma-Golden Dawn Conflict At Kalamata Hospital
- Hundreds of armed police guard Paris tourist attractions after influx of criminal gangs from eastern Europe
- The New Roma Ghettos
- Kings of the Roma
- A plea for Pope Francis to pray at Jasenovac site
- Ein Leben in Belleville
- Roma migration bothers 'borderless' EU
- Europe invented 'gypsies,' says German author
- R Is for Romania, Roma and Racism in Europe's Migration Debate
- Hating Jews, hating the Roma
- 10 Questions: Goran Bregovic, musician and composer, 62
- Life inside the Romanian gypsy ghetto that is so grim the town mayor sealed it off behind a wall
- Roma rap against Czech 'practical schools'
- No way out
- The truth about Romania's gypsies: Not coming over here, not stealing our jobs
- Roma couple recreate own struggle in Berlin film Rroma couple recreates own struggel in Berlin film
- Balkan offensive
- French Socialists ramp up Roma evictions
- Roma Holocaust survivor and artist Ceija Stojka dies
- Roma men win case against Hungary over remedial school
- Roma Gypsy Children In France Banned In Lyon Schools, Taught In Police Station
- Poland marks International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Coming back to life after the Holocaust
- Transylvania: Where every tale has a bite
- Anger grows in Hungary over anti-Roma article
- Hungary's Racism Problem: Orbán Friend Says Roma 'Shouldn't Be Allowed to Exist'
- Barely Literate, Roma Pupils Struggle for Schooling
- Film Review: Our School
- Hungarians protest 'Gypsy animal' remarks by politician
- Orbán-Freund fordert "Endlösung" der "Zigeunerfrage" in Ungarn
- Fall Bayer: Roma-Vertreter sagt Treffen ab, Staatsanwalt sieht keine Hetze
- Leading Hungarian journalist says Gypsies are 'animals' and should be 'cast out of society'
- Anti-Roma column written by founding member of Hungary’s governing party is sharply criticized
- Romanian probe on call to sterilise Roma women
- Overstating Roma History
- Greek Police Say Roma Camps Gangster Enclaves
- Gypsy entry into Europe traced back 1500 years
- European Roma descended from Indian 'untouchables', genetic study shows
- Rajasthan turns out to be the baap of Euro gypsies
- Swiss Magazine Censured Over Roma Boy Cover
- Hungary's far right party gains as it targets Roma
- Merkel opens Roma Holocaust memorial in Berlin
- Roma citizens of Miskolc pre-empt Jobbik’s latest hate rally
- March by far right raises concern for Hungary's Roma
- Hungary far-right marches to denounce Roma
- Roma in France get access to more jobs Roma in France get access to more jobs Roma in France get access to more jobs
- Roma in Hungary feel persecuted but they have nowhere to turn
- Activists rally in European cities to support Roma
- Rivlin: Israel should commemorate Roma genocide
- Roma camp dismantled in Italy's capital
- Vigilantes burn Roma camp in Marseille, France
- Roma gypsy children 'are trafficked to and from Britain to steal for international criminal network', Paris court hears.
- The Roma, Eastern Europe’s forgotten people
- Stop vilifying Roma refugees
- Italy must change policies marginalizing Roma, says Amnesty
- France dismantles camps, deports Gypsies
- Hungary nationalists whip up anti-Roma feelings
- France promises new measures to help its 15,000 Roma gypsy immigrants to find jobs and permanent camp-sites
- Statement from Roma leaders re: violence in Cegled
- Liberté, égalité, fermeté?
- French government eases job access for Roma
- Roma-Gárda conflict in Cegléd as far-right groups stage spontaneous demo against “Gypsy crime”
- Roma raids intensify in France as Socialists seek ways to end 'PR disaster'
- Roma trapped in misery as France demolishes camps
- We Attacked the Gypsies, And We Are Proud of It
- New French government moves against Roma camps
- Roma refugees in Montenegro lose homes in fire
- Reaction to Gypsy camps tests Norway’s mantra of tolerance on massacre anniversary
- Roma families in Romania 'enclosed' by new wall
- PM honors Romani Holocaust victims; no action on Lety site
- A refuge for the Roma in Berlin
- Rehousing Romania's Roma signals swing to extremes
- 'Gypsy': Something's Rotten, This Time In Slovakia
- Slovakia off-duty policeman kills three (Roma)
- Roma relocation scores Romania mayor a major vote win
- Roma: Slovakia's 'Beautiful People'
- Roma organization demands action following anti-Gypsy threats in Southwestern city
- US ambassador calls for Czech action to end Roma exclusion, discrimination
- Tackling the Roma issue their own way
- Roma 'face same inequalities in west Europe as in east'
- Teen gypsy shot dead, body dumped at hospital
- Italian football fans threaten pogrom against ethnic Roma
- 'Landmark' Roma eviction ruling sets precedent, rights group says
- Gypsy families evicted from settlement in Serbia’s capital, despite protests by rights groups
- Czech Republic: Romani people attacked and ostracized despite voicing condemnation of recent assault
- Swiss travellers 'suffer due to Roma reputation'
- Cover of Swiss Magazine Draws Accusations of Racism Cover of Swiss Magazine Draws Accusations of Racism
- Swiss magazine defends provocative Roma boy cover
- Die Weltwoche sparks anger over 'racist' Roma story
- Belgrade mayor addresses rioting in suburb
- Racism row over gypsy gunman story
- Roma face persecution in Europe, says Amnesty
- 'Illegal' Roma teenager wins French 'best apprentice' award
- Romany guitarist Vadim Kolpakov has a master’s hands and a wanderer’s feet
- Right-wing extremists rally at Krásna Hôrka and in Bratislava
- The new Faces of Far Right Extremism
- Romanian senator hit with holocaust charges
- Czech extremists to be tried for racial attack on singer Tonya Graves
- ERRC and Amnesty International call on Czech Govt to eliminate violence against Romani people
- Romania accused of 'lack of European spirit' over Serbia's candidacy
- Bulgarian jailed for killing that sparked Roma clashes
- Polish club fined for blocking Roma man
- Refugee reform bill not worthy of support
- Roma teenagers go from Serbian slum to world stage
- Geld gegen Ghettos
- Cirque Romanès: The Gypsy Circus in danger of deportation
- Seltsame Flugblattaktion des Staatssekretariats für soziale Integration
- Hungarian Roma killings movie premieres in Berlin
- Roma party urges Slovak National Party to remove billboards
- Keine Spur von Zwangsarbeit
- Hungary urges EU members to present their strategies for Roma integration
- Romania tightens welfare rules
- Czech Foreign Minister discusses moving Roma to their own state, Czech President criticizes him
- Easy targets of campaigning
- Poor, abused and second-class: the Roma living in fear in Hungarian village
- Segregation of Roma Students Illegal: Slovakian Court
- EU Sanctions Threat Fuels Hungary's Far Right
- Kosovo gypsies living in 'toxic' camps
- Parisians Fight Plans for Gypsy Camp
- France Gets Tough on Roma (Gypsy) Immigrants
- Romania outreach for Roma kids a bust
- Hungary's far right enjoys surge in support as crisis bites
- Right-wing extremist violence on the rise in Bulgaria
- Slovakia: Residents demand town take care of "whites" only, not Romani residents
- Rassismus als Konsens?
- Roma In Hungary Told Not To Go To Canada
- Amnesty International fights forced eviction of Roma in Belgrade
- Conditions Faced by Roma People - from Bad to Worse
- Rights body condemns French Roma expulsions
- Czech primary school textbook under fire over ‘racial stereotyping’ of Roma
- Czech Human Rights Commissioner asks anti-Romani reader be withdrawn from schools
- Far-right must grow up
- Hungarian Gypsies flocking to Canada
- Dale Farm is far cry from the Gypsy lifestyle romanticised by the arts
- Czech town ban right wing demonstration
- The secret lives of Britain's child beggars
- Bulgarian guilty of inciting to murder of Roma
- Anti-Roma protesters clash with opponents in Prague
- Bulgarians protest against corruption, Roma
- Romani youth protest against anti-Roma violence in Bulgaria and Czech Republic
- Anti-Roma Demonstrations Spread Across Bulgaria
- Anti-Roma protest leader on fraud charge
- Roma in the Czech provinces are the butt of racism—and respond violently
- Slovakia's Gypsies protest poor living conditions
- Bulgarian rally links Roma to organised crime
- Why are Bulgarians so angry?
- Katounitsa aftermath: Two Roma assaulted in Bulgaria's Blagoevgrad
- osef Koudelka’s Gypsies, Revisited
- Bulgaria arrests Roma leader
- Bulgarian Nationalists Alert to 'Gypsy Crime' through Provocative Brochure
- Riots hit Bulgarian village, 127 arrested
- Varnsdorf: Protests target Vice-Mayor's home and Romani-occupied residences
- Romani children predominate in East European homes for abandoned children
- Town bans alcohol consumption in public over influx of Roma
- Hungarian Anti-Roma - WickiLeaks Hungarians Anti-Roma – WikiLeaks
- Racial Tensions Rising in Impoverished Czech Towns
- Photoreportage: Czech Republic - Today's unrest in North Bohemia led by hardcore neo-Nazis
- Karel Holomek: Solutions never implemented, ethnic relations will deteriorate
- Police officers go on trial, accused of abusing Roma children
- Romanian Plan to Evict Roma Stirs Protests
- Rights chief urges Europe to make stateless Roma citizens
- Museum of Roma Culture director receives violent hate mail
- Czech Senator: Roma community lives off welfare through its children
- Sarkozy under Fire as Roma crackdown fails
- Learn Lesons from Nazi Rroma killings
- Hungary in crisis: Tensions with its gypsy population threaten to rip the Eastern European country apart
- Amnesty International calls on Romania to stop evictions of Gypsies and revise housing law
- Contemporary Roma Art is Opening Eyes in Europe
- Czech Roma Situation worse off
- A deeper, darker prejudice
- Pope tells Gypsies they know ‘bitter taste’ of rejection, decries Nazi persecution
- Pope to Meet Gypsy Communities
- Study shows that Sinti and Roma face an uphill climb for education
- Czech MP calls for deportation of Rroma to Haiti
- Joakim Eskildsen: Roma Journeys
- Returning Refugees
- Kosovo Roma
- Nigel Dickinson Gallery :: Roma Gypsies across Europe
- Bosnia 2001
- Kosovo 2006
- Rolf Bauerdick
- Yves Leresche
- photo mythology
- Carlo Gianferro: Rroma Interiors
- Booklet on Rroma
- Site Information
- Site Blog
- Swiss Press Cuttings - Rroma in Switzerland
- Policy Documents
- New Design!
- Old rroma.org Banner
- Media Campaign
- Question Réponses
- Bilateralen Abkommen und Rroma
- 20minuten.ch - Die Frage der Roma spaltet die Nation - Hintergrund
- 20minuten.ch - Rabenschwarze Vorurteile gegen Roma - Stories
- EU-Abstimmung: Schwemme von Roma? - Schweiz - News - Blick.ch
- Texts and Conferences